Sunday, May 21, 2006

In The Movies


Well, I received a call tonight from a fellow I met a few months ago named Joe Caneen, who has a filmaking company called Audiovisual Works Consulting. We had talked about collaborating on two new films he wants to do for the Trucking industry. (Specifically for Swift, a very very large trucking company with over 22,000 drivers.)
I met him through a mutual friend, Doug Wittifield, who owns Reve Records in Las Vegas. Doug had thought that Joe and I might work something out and help each other along. Joe checked out my music on my website and decided that he liked it, and would like to have me help him.

Joe and I spoke and then he came to visit me here in Dallas and we had a very nice discussion about the films he wanted to do, and the kinds of sounds that might make sense to add in as a soundtrack. He had promissed the potential buyers of the films that these would NOT have elevator music, but would have original music. Music that sounds interesting and unique and has artistic value. ... but he decided to come to me anyway.....

The way we left it was that we both wanted to work further on this, and that he would go shoot some footage and give it to me to write some music to. That was several months ago.
Tonight, he called to tell me that he had finished the first film. A 20-minute film on the truck driving lifestyle intended to spur recruitment into the industry.

He went to my website and downloaded 5 of my songs and used them for the film and he said they worked perfect. He seemed excited at how well they fit - especially how the film ends with a truck heading off down the road away from the camera while my song, "The Road Not Taken" plays and finishes right on cue.

So, it's done. Now the job turns to shopping the film around to get the right deal for it, and the extensions, and the other main film.

I wish him the best of luck. His luck is my luck in this enterprise.

Hmmm... I wonder if I should add "Wrote and recorded music for film score" to my resume....

3 Comments:

At 5/22/2006 7:12 PM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Val,

Will you get a chance to see the film for yourself?

I definitely think you should add film score to your resume! And I wish him (and you) great success in this endeavor.

 
At 5/22/2006 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

absolutely add it to your resume! and make more music!

 
At 5/23/2006 7:30 AM, Blogger Val Serrie said...

Petelea and Igor,
Thank you both very much!
Yes, I will get a copy of the film. He is putting together a DVD of it right now.
I'm excited to see how it turned out. He told me he does need another copy of "The Road Not Taken" that plays in the final credits. Apparently there is some glitch.

And, yes, I guess I will add it to the resume. LOL!

And Igor, I will certainly continue to make more music. I can't seem to stop. Every new song that comes out is like a new toy to play with. It's fun!

v

 

Post a Comment

<< Home