Monday, January 16, 2006

GuitArt - The Guitar Calendar - "Monterrey"


Monterrey:
This is a Washburn 12 string. Called Monterrey because the model name is actually Monterrey-12. It is hard to tell from this picture, but it is a very elegant guitar. Up close, it is beautifully rendered in a tobacco sunburst, and with an arched back (rare!) This was fairly expensive, actually. In the price range range of medium-price Martins and Taylors - about $1500 as I recall. I use this one for all my 12 string needs. It has a built-in pickup, but I prefer the mic it to get that natural acoustic tone. It has a nice even sound, and is a little difficult to play because it is a 12-string (that is unavoidable with 12 strings), but as 12-strings go it is not too tough to play. I bought this one in the early 80’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home