Friday, January 20, 2006

My Little Guitar Collection...


This is a corner of my recording studio. It's a sort of Shrine to the Six String in a manner of speaking. I have been collecting these guitars for decades. I have owned many others before these and they got away one way or another, but these are my current guitars.
Many of them are extremely rare - some of them are one of a kind even. They are all unique and have their own character, and sound and feel.
I wanted a wall calendar for my office with guitars on it, but the only one I could find was an advertisement for First Act guitars. I wanted something that had real brand names, and classic models, and unique guitars, so I decided to take pictures of my own guitars, write the stories up and make this into a calendar. There are 19 guitars in total (including the mandolin and the basses), and I have created a post for each, and they are listed below.

2 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely incredible! Many people claim to have a collection of guitars, but it usually amounts something more precisely defined as an "assortment" of guitars -- whatever they happen to have at the moment. Yours is something quite different, a truly fine assembly of remarkable instruments.

Now, if only you could find someone with a collection of fine amplifiers... you'd have the receipe for some fun!

 
At 1/22/2006 10:10 AM, Blogger Val Serrie said...

LOL Well thanks!
Yes, for amplifiers, I only have a fairly short list:
A 1989 Marshall JCM-800 100 watt half-stack.
A 1965(or so)Fender Super Reverb converted from a 4X10 combo to a Head + 4X12 cabinet.
A Peavey Stereo Chorus 2X12 combo
A Roland practice amp which I built into a fancy oak cabinet (with dovetail joints no less!)
A Line 6 POD (Both a guitar POD and a Bass POD, actually)
and my prize amp that I now use all the time:
A Vetta II from Line 6. This amp is incredible. It emulates 72 different amps - TWO AT A TIME even! plus an impressive array of specific classic effects from Ibanex Tube Screamers, to Rats, to both models of Echoplex, Roland Space Echo - everything. Just the best sounding, most versatile amp I've ever tried. I heartily recommend it. I'll never need another amp - unless this one fails. And at that point, I'd repair or replace it with another one exactly the same. It just doesn't get any better than this. The tones out of it are amazing. I am VERY pleased.

The only amps showing in the picture are the Marshall and a bit of the Fender. Couple of classic tube amps. I have to keep them now for guest guitar players when they show up, and to prove that I am not biased (no pun intended)when I say that the Vetta is better than classic tube amps.
v

 

Post a Comment

<< Home